These are groups of operations which are done through small holes in the abdominal wall through which the surgeon can explore the abdominal cavity for diagnosis and can excise and remove diseased organs without making big incisions as before, and here are some examples for the laparoscopic operations .
- Removal of inflamed appendix.
- Removal of chronically inflamed gall bladder with stones inside it .
- Removal of cysts or tumors specially that of the ovary.
- Dealing with Varicocele by ligation .
- Dealing with Diaphragmatic hernia.
- Treating Gastroesophageal reflux disease by operation of fundoplication.
- Cutting of the adhesions which may lead to intestinal obstruction .
- Taking biopsy from tumors.